Dental emergencies can take place at the most inconvenient time and cause immense pain and discomfort. It becomes imperative that you avail immediate dental care to resolve your oral concerns and prevent further complications.
At our office, Down To Earth Dental, we schedule emergency appointments on the same day for our patients requiring prompt treatment and providing relief from pain and inconvenience.
What Is a Dental Emergency?
- If you suffer from severe toothache or gum bleeding and home remedies are not alleviating your condition, you have a dental emergency.
- Oral injuries caused due to incurring dental trauma are considered a dental emergency. This includes teeth that have been knocked out, cracked, or broken, as well as extreme cuts to the gums, tongue, and lips.
- Toothaches can point out a severe and profound cavity or an infected tooth that must be treated promptly to avoid further harm.
- Loose or dislodged dental restoration like fillings and crowns also are regarded as emergencies.
Why Should You Avail Emergency Relief?
A dental emergency, if ignored, can lead to more complications requiring extensive treatments and expenditure. Dental problems such as infections, abscesses, and severe tooth decay can significantly impact your dental health. Our office will provide relief at the earliest and address your emergency. We work with patients of all ages and make sure that any member of your family is seen quickly and confidently.
What to Expect During Your Dental Emergency?
Our primary goal is to make all your dental appointments as comfortable as possible. The emergency appointment often involves taking X-rays of the area disturbing you. We will study the X-rays to identify the problem and design a personalized treatment plan to address your oral concern. As we offer emergency relief, you can expect immediate relief for your distress.
When an infection is present, we will prescribe antibiotics, and if the dental pulp is diseased, we will perform a root canal procedure. In case of dislodged teeth or restorations, we will try to restore them, and if that is not possible, we will recommend the necessary replacement options.
How to Avoid Emergency Visits?
It is recommended that you take appropriate care of your mouth structures to avoid emergency visits:
- Plaque build-up can lead to cavities or tooth decay. Hence brush and floss regularly to eliminate plaque deposits from the teeth.
- If you play sports, the use of mouthguards can prevent injury to your teeth.
- Visit your dental provider for routine dental exams and professional teeth cleanings.
If you face a dental emergency and need same-day relief, visit our office, Down To Earth Dental, at 1407 W. 29th Street Pueblo, CO 81008. You can also reach Dentist Pueblo, CO at (719) 546-0404.